SOX Senior Auditor w/ Consulting Firm - Fully Remote
Company: A2B Resources LLC
Posted on: September 20, 2022
1.What are tangible and intangible benefits of this job?
1. No pressure to sell or market to advance your career -
Promotions and advancement not dependent on you selling work to new
or existing clients. Just do what you enjoy which is auditing.
2. Work from home - Work from the safety and comfortable of your
home. Be close to your family and pets. Apply your skills without
having to move to another city.
3. Job security - Full-time work with the same company that has
processes, standards and methodology. The company is growing and
4. Job variety - Serve a variety of companies to expand your
skills, no repetitive work that is boring
5. Save money on gas and car maintenance - Wiith increasing gas
costs, no commute means you don't pay for higher gas prices. No
wear-and-tear on your car which reduces repair costs and
6. Save time - Working from home gives you back 2-3 hours each day
from the commute. Use this time for your health, your family and
your hobbies. No wasted commuting time. That's like getting a
10%-20% pay raise.
7. Constantly learn new skills and get exposure to new systems. The
company uses technology and software and bots to work smarter.
8. Ability to become certified as a CPA because you'll work for
active CPAs who can sign for your work experience.
9. Work Pacific Standard Time (PST) -
So you can take kids to school, have breakfast with family or
exercise before you start your work day
10. Work in a professional environment - Be surrounded by
professionals who enjoy serving others
2. What are the major results or outcomes to be accomplished by the
person in this job?
1. Clients want you to continue working on their project; clients
don't complain about you 2. Audit workpaper and test results for
your assigned processes are reviewed timely - within 1 day of being
assigned 3. Audit workpaper and test results for your assigned
processes are reviewed accurately - 2-5 review comments for each
task you complete 4. Effectively review testing for 1 client to
meet their testing deadlines after 60 days of start date 5.
Effectively review testing for 2 clients to meet their deadlines
after 90 days of start date 6. Effectively review testing for 3
clients to meet their deadlines after 120 days of start date 7.
Meet the established testing standard and format for each task by
3. What are the most frequent and most essential work activities in
1. Review audit support request lists 2. Review audit support files
once received from client to verify that testing can start 3.
Review and approve audit test steps for others to conduct testing
4. Review completed test workpapers for accuracy and identify
exceptions 5. Answer questions about test results or content from
staff or support team 6. Perform test procedures for more complex
areas 7. Communicate test results to process owners and external
auditors 8. Answer external auditor questions about test results 9.
Answer process owner questions about test results
You will manage 3 of these processes for 2-4 clients
1. Financial statement close and reporting 2. Fixed assets 3.
Inventory 4. HR new hire, termination, pay changes 5. Payroll
processing 6. Accounts payable, vendor invoice payments 7. Customer
invoicing and accounts receivable 8. Stock option, employee equity
4. What team members and how many are supervised/managed by the
person in this job?
1. None 2. None
5. Who are the primary people contacts in this job?
With whom / What purpose / How often?
1. Project admins - Daily A. Coordinate files to send to clients B.
Attend meetings together
2. Testers - Daily A. Coordinate files to send to process owners
and external auditors B. Attend meetings together C. Give
instructions on audit testing D. Give instructions to change
test/audit procedures E. Review completed test workpapers F. Answer
questions about test results or content
3. Process owners in AP, AR, HR, GL, Payroll Teams, Sales Ops -
Weekly A. Request supporting documents from process owners B.
Conduct audit test procedures C. Review test results with process
4. Documentation team - Weekly A. Give instructions to prepare
flowcharts B. Give instructions to change flowcharts C. Coordinate
flowchart files to send to process owners
5. IT Help Desk - Meet as needed A. Troubleshooting any IT,
Internet or Technology questions
6. What is the dress code?
You will be on camera all day and in meetings and need to be
Acceptable: 1. Business Casual wear such as: 2. Collared Shirt 3.
Polo Shirt 4. Button-Down Shirt 5. Blouse 6. Sports/ Suit Jacket 7.
Not Acceptable: 1. Tank Tops 2. T-Shirts 3. See-Through Fabric 4.
Low Cut Shirts 5. Sweatshirts 6. Athletic Tops 7. Hoodies 8.
Beachwear 9. Sleepwear/ Pajamas
7. What are the prerequisites for this job?
1. Required: 4-6 years auditing experience in public accounting or
SOX auditing or internal audit 2. Required: Reliable, consistent
internet connection 3. Required: Ability to work with several
clients at a time 4. Required: Ability to work with a diverse
global team from all cultures 5. Required: Intermediate Excel
skills 6. Required: Familiar with accounting, payroll and HR
processes 7. Required: Able to work with different software and
tools such as chat, MS Word, Skype, file sharing folders5.
Preferred: CPA, CIA, CISA 8. Preferred: CPA, CIA, CISA 9.
Preferred: Big 4, Grant Thornton, BDO experience 10. Preferred: 5%
(2 weeks) travel for site visits if needed 11. Preferred: Ability
to work extended hours for client needs occasionally 12. Preferred:
Previously worked in accounting or finance departments
8. What are the toughest parts of this job on a day-to-day
1. Juggling competing deadlines on short-notice (daily, weekly) 2.
Adapting to changing priorities daily 3. Resilient to learn new
procedures without getting flustered 4. Relying on additional
resources or other people when your systems/internet aren't working
5. Tactfully following up with process owners who are late in
providing documents you requested
9. What are the compensations and benefits?
1. Rate: $75,000 - $90,000 2. Job Type: Full Time
10. Shift/Hours Info:
We work on Pacific Standard Time (PST) zone. So, while the hours
have some flexibility, it will be important to be available for any
required meetings that may be outside of your normal shift time,
due to some clients being in different time zones. Weekly average
hours are 42. The range could be from 40-50 hours per week
depending on project deadlines.
Example Range: 7AM PST - 5PM PST / 10AM EST - 8PM EST (include
breaks in between range of hours)
11. What behavioral traits, attitudes and skills are required?
1. Resourcefulness - Ability to suggest solutions given resource
constraints, figuring out how to get over/under/around obstacles to
meet goal. AND do it. Self correcting. Learns from mistakes and do
differently next time.
2. Organization - Plans, organizes, schedules in productive way.
Focus on key priorities.
3. Work ethic - Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and
sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of
4. Clear Communication - Speaks and writes clearly without being
overly verbose in all forms of communication
6. Attention to detail - Ensures important details get passed on
and not derail a project
7. Proactiveness - Acts without being told to suggest
recommendations and solutions for client, brings new ideas to team
without being told what to do - 8. Effective - Able to produce
significant output with minimal waste
9. Culture and mission fit - Enjoys fast pace, collaboration,
continual learning while helping clients and team grow
Keywords: A2B Resources LLC, Casper , SOX Senior Auditor w/ Consulting Firm - Fully Remote, Accounting, Auditing , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!