Controller - Finance
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: May 16, 2019
The Controller is responsible for planning, achieving, and
reporting related to the full range of financial management
services for Wyoming Medical Center (WMC), Wyoming Health Medical
Group (WHMG), and Wyoming Medical Center Foundation (WMCF). The
Controller serves as a resource and communication link on financial
management issues and opportunities for senior management. As
requested, the Controller may perform these roles when WMC is part
of a joint venture, joint operating partnership, or management
agreement with another health care entity. In performing assigned
roles and duties, the Controller will consistently meet WMC
leadership expectations and inspire the highest standards of
professional behavior, teamwork, and performance throughout the
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position oversees all functions and staff in the Finance
and Decision Support departments.
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards,
and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the
individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Leads all operations and services related to Accounts Payable,
Accounting, Budgeting, Contract Management, Decision Support,
Forecasting, Labor Productivity, and Reimbursement.
- Manages and supports full organizational compliance with
internal and external audits.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of
Medicare/Medicaid and other required cost reports.
- Monitors and completes bond and lease compliance as
- Monitors investments and cash management.
- Responsible for routine and special reporting relating to
compliance with approved budgets.
- Oversees all financial and decision support systems and
- Oversees all required payroll tax reporting.
- Oversees the preparation of financial statements including all
tax returns for WMC, WHMG, and other affiliated entities as
- Oversees coordination and compliance of all
non-physician-related contracts. Monitors physician contracts and
oversees payments related to physician contracts.
- Oversees accounting for all fixed assets.
- Oversees all accounting related to Pension, Benefit Trusts,
Joint Ventures, Foundations, and other affiliates as
- Oversees preparation and submission of governmental reporting
related to finance.
- Provides formal and informal education assistance to
leadership, department managers, and other staff regarding
budgeting, capital needs, and finance and/or accounting
- Leads and participates in special projects.
- Accountable for successful achievement of organizational
- Successfully completes leadership training and demonstrates
competency in leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least two years of experience in a leadership or management
role is required.\n
- At least five years of progressively responsible job-relevant
experience is required.\n\n
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Controller - Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!