Director Nursing Services
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: January 8, 2021
The Director of Nursing Services is responsible for planning,
achieving, and reporting related to the full range of patient care
and pre-hospital services in assigned departments at Wyoming
Medical Center. The Director oversees the effective management of
these areas and ensures the competence of a workforce that
consistently meets regulatory requirements and strives to exceed
safety, efficiency, and service standards. The Director serves as a
resource and communication link on nursing and patient care issues
and opportunities for senior management. As requested, the Director
may perform these roles when WMC is part of a joint venture,
partnership, or management agreement with another health care
entity. In performing assigned roles and duties, the Director will
consistently meet WMC leadership expectations and inspire the
highest standards of professional behavior, teamwork, and
performance throughout the organization.Supervisory
- This position supervises Nurse Managers and through them as
well as through direct supervision oversees all functions and staff
in assigned departments.
- Additional supervisory responsibilities may be assigned by the
Chief Nursing Officer.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards,
and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the
individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Provides direction and guidance for assigned areas of
responsibility which includes consistent, on-going rounding on
patients as well as team members.
- Serves as a role model in professional behavior, leadership
skills, problem-solving ability, coaching guidance, risk-taking
behavior, and interpersonal skills. Supports and implements the
concepts of shared governance.
- Communicates philosophy and goals to hospital employees and
constituents, including medical staff, other departments, and
community agencies in a manner that enrolls the recipient.
- Participates in and/or chairs committees, work groups, and
meetings as deemed necessary to include patient experience. Can
demonstrate measurable results and meet target dates.
- Together with other members of the patient care administrative
team, participates in developing and implementing goals and
objectives that are in concert with the hospital mission and goals.
Goals and objectives are measurable and have pre-established target
- Works with managers in ongoing analysis and evaluation of
patient care delivery to provide high quality patient care in a
cost-effective manner, which delights our customers.
- Continually evaluates with others, core processes for redesign
and re-engineering to improve operations, reduce cost, reduce cycle
time, enhance service, and improve performance.
- Plans, coordinates, and participates in yearly capital and
operational budgets and monthly variance reporting. Anticipates
long-range capital needs.
- Represents hospital in community and regional activities.
- Participates in, and seeks out, opportunities and activities
that provide for continuing education skills development and
self-improvement. Assists subordinates to make good decisions
regarding their career development.
- Evaluates assigned departments' performance against established
quality and performance improvement standards and takes corrective
action as indicated.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and
collaboration with other hospital departments and medical staff to
resolve problems, establish and implement policies, and coordinate
activities within assigned department.
- Enables personnel to make decisions at the level closest to the
- Effectively and efficiently uses manpower, material, and
financial resources in accordance with hospital policies, and
within established budget constraints.
- Achieves improved patient care outcomes/processes by
continuously assessing and improving the departments' performance
through organized process improvement efforts. Assures quality
control programs are carried out as appropriate.
- Participates in strategic planning as it relates to assigned
areas of responsibility and the hospital as a whole. Recommends
space and resource allocations needed by the assigned
departments/areas of responsibility.
- Oversees the implementation of orientation and continuing
education programs. Assures that these programs are evaluated for
effectiveness and meet documented staff needs.
- Integrates the assigned departments/areas of responsibility
into the primary functions of the organization and achieves, or
exceeds, customer satisfaction goals. Actively seeks opportunities
to increase market share.
- Coordinates and integrates interdepartmental and
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and practices
that guide and support the provision of services and the
development of a learning organization.
- Recommends a sufficient number of qualified and competent
persons to provide care/service. Has the authority to hire, fire,
and counsel as outlined in personnel policies.
- Determines the qualifications and competence of
- Evokes in staff a sense of ownership of, and responsibility
for, their work, their coworkers, and continuous improvement of
- Accountable for improvements in the performance of quality
metrics related to nationally recognized organizations such as
Joint Commission, Leapfrog, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Services (CMS), and other measures related to the prevention of
complications of care, including adherence to national patient
safety goals, prevention of falls and pressure ulcers, achieves
departmental and organizational strategic goals, actively improves
patient satisfaction, facilitates the prevention of infections, and
decreases in Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI),
Ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP), and Central Line-Associated
Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI) incidence as related to job
- Accountable for and facilitates actions with staff to reduce
incidences of falls and pressure ulcers.
- Ensures compliance with Handwashing Adherence Initiatives
- Implements strategies to increase the percentage of overall
patient satisfaction; services scores for unit is in top box.
- Accountable for successful achievement of organizational
- Successfully completes leadership training and demonstrates
competency in leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Director Nursing Services, Executive , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!