DNS - Director of Nursing (RN) - Casper, WY
Company: EmpRes Healthcare
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Shepherd Valley Rehabilitation and Wellness is accepting applications for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our leadership team as the Director of Nursing Services. Located in Casper, WY, this is a great center, that provides the community with exceptional skilled and rehabilitative services and robust customer service. This center is licensed for 192 beds. We have excellent and dedicated staff with a long history of employment within our center. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, clinically sound Registered Nurse, with a passion for providing quality care to the residents we are entrusted to care for. This nurse executive will oversee the nursing team and possess leadership skills that drive teamwork and project a positive, resourceful and motivating environment. Please Include Resume for consideration. GENERAL SUMMARY
- Develops and maintains a nursing service philosophy, objectives, standards of practice, policy and process manuals.
- Manages, supervises, and develops plans of action for assigned units, providing consistent monitoring and follow-through.
- Establishes systems for care planning, including assessments, plan of treatment, objectives and goals, evaluations and discharge planning. Maintains accurate and timely documentation. Coordinates care needs with other departments.
- Schedules nursing staff, adhering to budget and staffing guidelines.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, disciplining, coaching, and conducting performance appraisals on assigned units.
- Demonstrates an understanding and knowledge of certification laws and requirements, survey requirements and Medicare program.
- Supervises the rehabilitation programs of residents.
- Validates that reporting departments consistently meet state and federal requirements for long-term care facilities for licensure.
- Validates existence of a quality assurance program for nursing services and coordinates interdisciplinary quality assurance program.
- Demonstrates dedication to staff and residents by knowing each resident and their individual needs, providing opportunities for recognizing a job well done by employees and implementing support programs.
- Represents Center to residents, physicians, family members and community.
- Assists with planning orientation for new nurses, and assists with evaluation of staff development programs. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN degree preferred.
- Current licensure in the state of employment.
- Certification in Rehab Nursing, geriatrics, or psychiatric nursing desirable.
- Minimum two years' experience as a nursing services supervisor in a long-term care Center desirable. Shepherd Valley Rehabilitation & Wellness 60 Magnolia Street Casper, WY 82604 Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: EmpRes Healthcare, Casper , DNS - Director of Nursing (RN) - Casper, WY, Executive , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!