Manager, Gas Operations II
Company: Black Hills Energy
Posted on: July 4, 2019
Job SpecificationsThis important role will provide overall
leadership and management for Wyoming gas operations.-- Plan and
direct all local operation personnel in the construction,
maintenance and operation of Wyoming gas systems.-- Actively
participate as a member of the Wyoming Gas leadership
team.LOCATION:------ Casper, WY
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position!
Our benefits include but are not limited to: home finding trip,
transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses,
destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move,
transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase
assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new
purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our
benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing,
renter---s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and
sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost
assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to
change and may vary based on position.SALARY RANGE:-------- $89,400
- $124,260 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and
abilities of the applicant.)CLOSING DATE:------ This position will
remain open until filled.REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:------ Director of
OperationsESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in the strategic planning and budget processes for
Wyoming Gas, proactively contributing to the establishment of
strategic goals for the company.
- Establish business goals and objectives for Wyoming Gas
operations that compliment overall goals and objectives of Black
Hills Energy.-- Communicate, monitor and review goals and
objectives on an ongoing basis to ensure they are consistent with
the overall goals and objectives of Black Hills Energy.
- Monitor and be accountable for the preparation of annual
operating and capital budgets for Wyoming Gas operations.-- Enlist
support, analysis and recommendations from the Gas Utilities,
Construction Services and Engineering groups into the preparation
of annual operating budgets.
- With support from the Gas Utilities groups, direct the
development and execution of short-term and long-range planning for
gas distribution systems.
- Assist the Director of Operations in creating, implementing and
managing employee development plans to ensure the safe, reliable
and cost-effective delivery of services to customers.
- Work closely with the Wyoming Gas leadership team and the
Utilities Groups to efficiently integrate the work process and
activities of Wyoming Gas with other Utility group jurisdictions.--
Specific attention should be focused on the improvement of
operational efficiencies, heightened safety awareness and
performance, reduction of costs, enhanced regulatory relations and
delivery of excellent customer service.
- Create and maintain a workplace environment within Wyoming Gas
operations team that promotes diversity, safety, fair and equal
treatment of employees, open communications and the highest
standards of ethical behavior.
- Develop and sustain professional labor relations with union
partners and resolve grievances at the lowest level.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and work rules are clearly
communicated and applied consistently throughout the Wyoming Gas
- Strive to maintain the highest standards in the employee
appraisal system.-- Ensure performance appraisals contain specific
and measurable goals, as well as suggestions for the improvement
and continue development of the employee.
- Maintain strict compliance with all environmental and
governmental regulations, corporate policies and procedures and
- Ensure management staff and all employees are scheduled for
regular training to stay current with technology and also to
accommodate changes within the business and changes to specific
position functions.-- Foster an environment within the Wyoming Gas
operations team that encourages new innovations and ideas.--
- Provide overall leadership, management and direction for
Wyoming Gas operations.-- Plan and direct all local operations in
construction, maintenance and operation of the Black Hills Energy
- With support from the Gas Utilities Groups, monitor all
applicable rules, regulations and codes that govern gas
construction, maintenance and operation.-- Ensure operations and
maintenance procedures reflect compliance and all personnel are
- Ensure that financial, operational, safety and customer service
goals are developed, communicated, monitored and achieved within
the gas operations group.--
- With the support from the Gas Utilities Group, provide
direction and oversight for the gas maintenance programs.-- Ensure
that the planning, management and execution of these programs are
performance based and monitored.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to Wyoming Gas operations to maintain knowledge of
DOT regulations and requirements, coordinates with Gas Engineering
& Standards to assure DOT regulations are understood and
- Accountable to oversee and monitor audits, take corrective
action as needed.
- Participate in all scheduled OPS audits and drive follow-up
actions as needed to assure in compliance.
- Construct/coordinate gas incident investigations as
- Provide high level customer service to support the growth and
retention of business customers.
- Promote and expand Black Hills Energy as a full-service energy
- Create an awareness of value of Black Hills Energy
- Lead business acquisitions initiatives including due diligence
and public advocacy.--
- Build successful relationships with communicate leaders in
towns with municipal utilities.--
- Responsible for strategic development of non-regulated
(technical services) initiatives.
- Accurately forecast annual non-regulated technical services
revenue margin goals.
- Train operation employees to understand and speak to technical
services within service territories.--
- Maintain existing service contract database.WORKING
- Maintain a strong and open relationship with the Wyoming
Director of Operations and the Wyoming gas leadership team.
- Practice open and frequent communications with the Gas
Utilities support group.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the BHE---s
corporate support departments including legal, accounting/finance,
information services, public affairs, regulatory and human
resources.-- Seek advice and assistance from these departments as
- Recognize the importance of and work to enhance/support the
strong business relationships with major customers.-- Coordinating
with the Gas Utilities Group and other departments to ensure
programs and processes are in place to effectively communicate key
issues as well as respond to customer needs and concerns.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with operations
leaders within the other BHE jurisdictions.--
- Working through the Director of Operations, support good
working relationships with various local, state and federal
officials as appropriate.-- Maintain membership and take an active
role in industry associations.--
- Key customer contacts.EXPERIENCE:
- Five plus years of relevant experience required with
increasingly progressive leadership and management in the utility
field.-- Engineering and/or operation emphasis
- Bachelor---s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or
other relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and
- Advanced degree preferred.KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of gas system construction, operations, maintenance
standards, procedures and governmental regulations.
- In depth knowledge of the Gas Operations processes and work
- Basic knowledge of PHMSA regulations, DOT, OQ compliance
regulations, O&M manual and government
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage large geographic area and multiple locations
across central and northeastern Wyoming.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and accomplish
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct workload and prioritize
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.-- Ability
to articulate, communicate and influence.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple major projects
- Demonstrate the ability to represent the Company in front of
various stakeholder, employees groups, major customers and
- Ability to make decisions based on the factors and ability to
work under stress and deadlines.
- Tracking / monitoring skills.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive travel may be involved.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions
of the position with or without accommodation.About our Company: We
are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is
devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with
energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse
culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and
possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800
employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility
customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming,
Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).Enjoy our
Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k)
(6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution),
tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO,
military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating
holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid
maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and
competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.The information
contained in this position description describes the general nature
and level of work being performed in this job.-- This description
is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities,
duties, and requirements for employees in this position.-- The
incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and
efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety
regulations.-- This job description is not intended to constitute
an offer or contract of employment.---- Job descriptions may and do
change periodically.Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants
for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work
in the US.We are an EEO Employer.
Keywords: Black Hills Energy, Casper , Manager, Gas Operations II, Executive , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!