Manager - Human Resources
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: August 11, 2019
The Manager of Human Resources works closely with the Director of
Employee Services to provide the full range of human resources
services for Wyoming Medical Center. The Manager provides
leadership in and oversees all functional areas of Human Resources,
including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, and retention;
personnel records; employee and/or labor relations; job evaluation;
direct and indirect compensation and benefits programs;
organizational and leadership development and training, affirmative
action; and special projects. She/he leads in the development and
implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures and their
dissemination to all employees. The Manager prepares timely reports
in conformance with legislated requirements or organizational
needs. As requested, the Manager may perform these roles when WMC
is part of a joint venture, partnership, or management agreement
with another health care entity. In performing assigned roles and
duties, the Director will consistently meet WMC leadership
expectations and inspire the highest standards of professional
behavior, teamwork, and performance throughout the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards,
and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the
individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Oversees effective and secure use of and reporting from the
Human Resources Information System and related software and
- Provides and oversees employee counseling.
- Plans, recommends, and implements appropriate employee
recognition programs in support of organizational goals.
- Administers, interprets, and oversees development of new and
amended policies and procedures related to Employee Services.
- Leads and oversees processes related to recruitment, selection,
placement, orientation, and ongoing training for staff and
- Leads in developing and implementing initiatives related to
career development planning and support for leadership and
- Directs preparations and ongoing processes related to
compliance with Employee Services related standards and guidelines
of applicable regulatory agencies; these agencies include The Joint
Commission, the State of Wyoming, the Occupational Safety and
Health Administration (OSHA), and others.
- Provides leadership and direction to ensure that Employee
Services staff serve as employee advocates and protect and support
employee interests within the framework of achieving organizational
- Ensures that Employee Services works as a team to provide
consistently excellent service to all customers- leadership, staff,
medical staff, non-employees, job applicants, and others.
- Oversees and ensures integrity of employee records and related
information, including a shift toward electronic record keeping
that will streamline processes and improve efficiency.
- Oversee functions and documentation related to employee Status
Changes, Corrective Action and Progressive Discipline processes,
protected leave, Americans with Disabilities Act processes, Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action processes, and
- Oversees internal research and preparation of documentation
related to employment hearings or other legal actions; and
participates in such hearings as requested.
- Provides leadership and direction in developing and improving
schedule and staffing strategies and the schedule of pay and
- Oversees initiatives to improve retention of qualified staff
through by strengthening employee engagement, improving employee
skills, and supporting WMC's culture of patient and employee
- Oversees programs to provide clinical training at WMC for
non-employee students through relations with training institutions,
colleges, and universities.
- Oversees the organization's performance management processes
including performance evaluations.
- Provides leadership and support to all departments and
leadership related to labor relations and employee relations.
- Conducts and oversees processes related to internal
investigations of workplace complaints.
- Accountable for improvements in the performance of quality
metrics related to nationally recognized organizations such as
Joint Commission, Leapfrog, Center's for Medicare and Medicaid
Services (CMS) as related to responsibilities.
- Accountable for successful achievement of organizational
- Successfully completes leadership training and demonstrates
competency in leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements
- --- At least two years of experience in a leadership role in a
hospital setting is required.
- --- At least five years of progressively responsible experience
in human resource management is required.
- --- Bachelors degree in public administration, human resources,
management, or another relevant field is required.
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Manager - Human Resources, Executive , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!