Registered Nurse - Float Pool includes 10% Premium - Day Shift
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: January 9, 2021
As a pivotal partner within the health care delivery team, the
Registered Nurse will ensure the delivery of quality patient care,
individually as well as through leadership and delegation to other
team members.* This position will be expected to float to all
inpatient departments, Emergency Room as well as the East
Campus**Float pool positions include a 10% premium*Supervisory
- This position has supervisory responsibilities for assigned
LPNs and CNAs.
- This position may be assigned to the Charge Nurse role
following appropriate training (see Leadership Duties below). When
assigned as Charge Nurse, this position has supervisory
responsibilities for RNs, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical
staff.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards,
and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the
individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Performs duties and responsibilities within the scope of a
Registered Professional Nurse as defined by the Wyoming Nurse
Practice Act and Wyoming Medical Center policies and
- Assesses, develops, implements, and evaluates plan of care for
the patient, utilizing a holistic approach. Coordinates and
provides leadership for optimal patient outcomes in a team
- Performs admission, transfer, and discharge processes according
to unit protocols.
- Collaboratively assesses and develops an education plan for
patient and family. Provides education to patient and family as
- Practices quality management according to Joint Commission and
OSHA standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Keeps current on WMC policies and procedures. Reads and
utilizes department communications.
- Maintains confidentiality standards for patients and
- Transports and/or monitors sedated patients according to WMC
policies and procedures.
- Documents according to WMC policies and procedures.
- Consistently practices patient safety, including falls
prevention and pressure ulcer prevention.
- Maintains Code of Ethics within practice.
- Participates in shared governance structures appropriate to
responsibilities and interests, to improve nursing practice and
patient care. Participates in unit staff meetings and
- Complies with WMC policies and procedures concerning Advance
- Appropriately reports occurrences according to WMC risk
- Performs required chart audits.
- Practices pain assessment and management according to WMC
- Follows WMC restraint policy.
- Delegates tasks appropriately.
- Coordinates patient care, including with ancillary departments.
Participates in or coordinates care conferences. Is familiar and
collaborates with multi-disciplinary departments involved in
- Transcribes and implements physician orders and acts as a
resource for others.
- Administers blood and blood products according to WMC policies
- Administers medications according to WMC policies and
- Performs venipuncture and administers IV therapy according to
WMC policies and procedures. Acts as resource for information and
assistance with IV therapy procedures.
- Interprets lab results and follows up appropriately.
- Inserts, maintains, or removes tubes and catheters per WMC
policies and procedures.
- Maintains clean and neat work environment.
- Mentors new staff.
- Utilizes basic computer applications and acts as a resource for
- Practices aseptic technique.
- Practices proper technique in specimen collection, labeling,
care, transport, and handling.
- Follows policy for post-mortem care, including organ
- Identifies trends and initiates or facilitates problem-solving
- Utilizes Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) methodology and
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and follows minimal lift
policies and procedures.
- Follows and promotes a framework for professional nursing
practice that incorporates vision, mission, philosophy, core
values, evidence-based practice, and standards of practice.
- Adheres to the American Nurses Association (ANA) social policy
statement, and promotes community health and wellness.
- Routinely uses self-appraisal and peer review, including annual
goal setting, for the assurance of competence and professional
- Conducts self in a professional manner, using accountable
communication to resolve problems in an open, timely manner.
Demonstrates professional relations at all times with patients,
families, physicians, co-workers, and the public.
- Complies with all safety and health standards and all rules,
regulations, and orders that are applicable to the nursing
position, actions, and conduct.
- Coordinates and provides leadership in a team setting, and
accepts direction when called upon.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies in patient status,
malfunction of equipment, and daily changes in the schedule. Knows
responsibility during Codes and responds appropriately to crisis
- Demonstrates flexibility in work assignments with regard to
volume-driven schedules. Performs duties as assigned by charge
nurse, coordinator, or team leader in a timely manner and with
responsibility for reporting back on status of assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Registered Nurse - Float Pool includes 10% Premium - Day Shift, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!