Medical Records Specialist/Medical Scribe
Company: E Plus Cancercare
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Description Job Purpose: The Medical Records Specialist/Medical
Scribe area of responsibility is to establish and maintain a highly
professional, with detailed accuracy and efficient medical records
department, providing an effective service for both clinical and
non-clinical team members. The role will involve working within
established quality standards, protocols, and best practice
specified by policy, payers and legislation. In addition, he/she
will assist our healthcare team with patient medical record
documentation, ensuring clear, concise, accurate details are
captured in a timely fashion. The Medical Records
Specialist/Medical Scribe is also responsible for representing the
organization professionally, with the highest level of quality
customer service to patients, all team members, as well as a
variety of external customers. In addition, he/she will effectively
manage the volume of work without allowing quality to be comprised;
and, will partake in ad hoc project work as requested by local
physicians and/or management. Essential Functions:
- Compiles, verifies, and files medical records.
- Transcribe patient appointments w/accuracy.
- Reviews medical records for completeness, assembles records
into standard order, and files records in designated areas or
electronic medical records system.
- Facilitates diagnostic tests and referrals to specialists.
- Assists provider with coordination of fundamental patient
- Files processed labs, pathology reports and loose
correspondence into patient records once physician has reviewed and
- Responds to requests for information from providers, team
- Files & ensures accuracy according to established policies and
- Operates computer with efficiency to retrieve data and file
signed correspondence and reports.
- Combines and/or assist to combine duplicate patient records
submitted from patient accounts department.
- Maintains filing system by organizing patient records to ensure
records are readily accessible by all departments.
- Answers calls / requests from clinical staff pertaining to
patient visits, medical records, etc.
- Completes, mails, scans, faxes, and files physicians
transcription documentation after quality control conducted for
completeness and accuracy.
- Comply with federal HIPAA regulations and practice policies for
the privacy and security of patient information; explain the law
members; maintain appropriate documentation of access to all
- Selects, coordinates, pulls, and processes files for year-end
- Maintains a clean, organized and professional working
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are
consistently achieved and helps other team members to do so as
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors degree in healthcare field desired.
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant training program is
- Proficient experience with medical terminology
- Impeccable verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills; basic Microsoft Office skills a
must. Preferred Skills
- Excellent bedside manner
- Prior experience with Electronic Medical Records system
Required Competencies Excellent judgment, dependability,
conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional
interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High
ethical/moral standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity
for operating complicated equipment and/or multi-tasking. Physical
Demands and Work Environment The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Physical demands: While performing the duties
of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms;
talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech
clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend. Work
environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and
Keywords: E Plus Cancercare, Casper , Medical Records Specialist/Medical Scribe, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!