Acute Registered Nurse - Casper
Company: U.S. Renal Care
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The Acute Registered Nurse provides acute dialysis care and
treatment to patients within a hospital environment. - This
position performs duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse or Acute
Manager, including assisting and supervising Patient Care
Technicians and Licensed Vocational Nurses. - Acute nurses may
report directly to an Acute Manager, Administrator or the first
line of regional operational management which may be an Area
Director, Regional Director, or Vice President of Operations,
depending on the region/demographics. - - ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. - Other duties and tasks
may be assigned.
- Assist with clinical and operational processes to improve
patient health and minimize hospitalizations and missed
- Ensure patient and treatment charge information and other
related data are accurate and submitted to the appropriate
corporate personnel in a timely manner.
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or
operational needs of the acute program and hospital.
- Complete and document monthly review of patient medication
profiles. - Administer medications as ordered by the
- Assist with program's target goals for patient outcomes in
accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and
regulations, including health care professionals practice act
- Complete pre and post treatment physical assessments.
- Initiate and terminate patient treatments to include connecting
and disconnecting catheters and cleaning catheter sites per
- Clean, disinfect and provide quality control of dialysis
machines as required by policy and procedures.
- Participate in infection control monitoring, implementation,
and recording as requested.
- Ensure provision of dialysis related services such as
Hemodialysis, Peritoneal dialysis, Continuous Renal Replacement
Therapy (CRRT) and Plasmapheresis (TPE) if contracted to do
- Participate in all JCAHO, CMS, DPH and OSHA surveys as
- Ensure nursing care is carried out as directed and treatment is
administered in accordance with physician instructions.
- Inform Acute Manager or Administrator of all incidents,
conditions, and concerns related to patient care, staff and patient
safety, and in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare and maintain dialysis machines and systems per policy:
- maintain dialysis records, prepare dialysis water treatment
system for use according to established procedure and understand
technical operations to resolve minor problems independently.
- Notify Bio-Medical Technician regarding machine or water
treatment malfunctions and provide appropriate documentation.
- Communicate results of patient assessment, reassessment, and
ongoing monitoring to the physician, team members, and others as
appropriate to the individual needs of the patient.
- Assure proper coordination of care between hospitals and
outpatient dialysis facilities as applicable.
- Maintain communication and continuity of planned care when a
patient is transferred to other company facilities.
- Participate in staff meetings as required. - Attend in-service
and continuing education offerings in compliance with company
policy and procedure. QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements include:
- Current RN license in applicable state. - License must be
maintained as current and in good standing.
- 12 months or more current nursing experience preferred.
- Previous experience in providing nursing care to patients on
maintenance dialysis preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and
ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all USRC
clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
- Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable state.
- Ability to meet minimum hospital/agency hiring standards which
may include additional background clearances and orientation
requirements if applicable to the program assigned to for
employment. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - U.S. Renal Care is an
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran. Additional
Keywords: U.S. Renal Care, Casper , Acute Registered Nurse - Casper, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!