Safety, Health & Environment Specialist
Company: Safari Land
Posted on: August 7, 2022
TOGETHER, WE SAVE LIVES
The Safety, Health, Environmental and Security Senior Specialist is
responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Safety,
Health, Environmental and Security Programs for the assigned
manufacturing facilities. The position reports to the SHE Manager.
Periodic travel will be required to other locations for meetings,
training and other SHE activities. The position is responsible to
ensure that the assigned facility(ies) sustain strict compliance
with applicable regulations and corporate safety and security
* Develop and maintain a comprehensive inspection and audit program
to evaluate facility conditions and maintain compliance with
* Implement and maintain Safety and Environmental Programs in
support of regulations and Company policies and procedures.
* Implement and maintain ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 safety, health and
environmental management systems.
* Implement and maintain continuous improvement programs.
* Oversee implementation of facility security program.
* Maintain all required safety and environmental operating
SHE Management Systems (combined ISO 45001 and ISO 14001)
* Utilize and support information and policies on the document
* Maintain current status of SHE tasks on the task management
* Hazard Communication Program: Serve as program coordinator and
* Review chemicals introduced into facility for hazards and
compliance with regulations.
* Maintain and post current chemical inventory lists on the
document management website.
* HAZWOPER: Act as emergency response team coordinator. Oversee
coordination of team training and procurement
* Familiar with the development, implementation and sustainability
of programs such as; lockout/tagout, electrical safety, machine
guarding, fire safety, housekeeping, walking working surfaces and
other general industry safety programs.
Material Handling and Powered Industrial Lifts
* Power industrial trucks, manlifts and rack safety programs.
* Hearing conservation and ergonomic programs.
* Hearing Conservation: Conduct required noise and dosimeter
surveys, develop and maintain written program and provide required
* Ergonomics: Assist operations with the design and evaluation of
Personal Protective Equipment
* Maintain written program and oversee compliance with program.
* Risk Assessments: Oversee the development and maintenance of
facility risk assessments and PPE requirements
Contractor Safety Program
* Develop and manage the contractor safety program. Review and
assure compliance with safety program requirements, insurance
levels and training requirements.
* Assist the facility with the development and maintenance of a
* Facilitate routine discussion and problem solving meetings.
* Maintain and post meeting notes.
* Risk Assessments: Work with operations to develop Risk
Assessments for jobs and processes in the facility.
* Incident Investigations: Work with operations to maintain the
incident investigation process to analyze causes, identify
preventive measures for accidents and near misses and post
investigations on website.
* Accident Prevention: Work with operations to develop and
implement an accident prevention program.
* Tracking of the Associate\s participation, Go-Yield-Stop
observations and all other Safety, Health and Environmental
* Work with HR to collect data required to maintain OSHA Logs and
manage WC claims.
* Responsible for uploading data to the claims management
* Analyze injury data and routinely update TCIR and LWIR.
* Maintain information on the OSHA 300 log website.
Solid and Hazardous Waste Management
* Oversee characterization, labeling and storage of non-hazardous
and hazard waste streams.
* Coordinate training and inspection programs to ensure compliance
with Company policies.
* Ensure manifest files and records are maintained to regulatory
Storm Water Management
* Assist facility with compliance with regulations.
* Develop and maintain Best Management Practices and the Spill
Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plans.
* Oversee facility inspections and maintain inspection records.
* Oversee facility compliance with the Security Manual
* Assist HR in assigning employee access security levels
* Routinely inspect and evaluate facility physical security
* Submit routine reports to SHE Manager.
* Bachelor\s degree or the equivalent combination of education and
* 2-4 years experience in Safety and Environmental Management.
* Working knowledge of Safety and Environmental Regulations
* Familiarity with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management systems a
* Safety and Environmental training
* Strong communication skills
* The following Certifications a plus: ASP, CSP, CHMM or other
industry accepted certification programs.
* Proficient with MS Software and Internet based research
* Familiarity with manufacturing equipment operation
The Safariland Group believes in the benefits of a diverse
workforce and is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative
actions. We pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best
people, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion,
ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability,
marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other
legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable
For those applicants with disabilities, if you require reasonable
accommodation in searching for a job opening or submitting an
application, please contact us by calling 888-469-6455.
All employment decisions are solely based on the applicant\s
qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the
* Job Family Entry Level Professionals
* Pay Type Salary
* Casper, WY, USA
Keywords: Safari Land, Casper , Safety, Health & Environment Specialist, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!