Pathology Lab Assistant - Casper, WY
Company: Summit Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Summit Pathology Laboratories Is looking to add an -enthusiastic
team player to our fast - - paced, growing Pathology Company, as a
Lab Assistant/Hospital Tech at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper,
WY.As a Lab Assistant/Hospital Tech you will work closely with
Pathologists and hospital staff to provide exceptional care to
patients through assisting with processing and preparation of
surgical and cytology specimens. -Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for assessing specimen quality, making necessary
corrections, and preparing the specimen for processing or
- Responsible for accessioning specimens into the supported LIS
system. Data entry.
- Demonstrates absolute accuracy in the identification and
accessioning of numbers and names.
- Accurate quality control of requisitions.
- Assist on routine needle procedures including fine needle
aspirations, CT bxs, and endo procedures. Responsible for slide
preparation and staining.
- Assist with frozen section specimens from the operating
- Handle inventory, upkeep, and organization of the offsite gross
- Routinely interacts with hospital staff and/or answers and
triages phone calls. Must demonstrate -positive customer
interactions and proper phone etiquette.
- Works and communicates cooperatively with team members to
identify and complete lab responsibilities and meet department
- Participates in department activities to improve patient
care/lab systems, shares new information with all team members,
attends team meetings and effectively orients/mentors new staff as
- Follows all procedures and policies and demonstrates competency
and proficiency as required.
- Follows safety standards in all aspects of performance of the
above functions, reports/removes unsafe equipment and attends
safety education sessions.
- In addition to the responsibilities described above, the role
may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned on
occasion, based upon Summit Pathology needs or requirements.Minimum
- Education/experience: An earned associate degree (or higher) in
a laboratory science obtained from an accredited institution.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively problem-solve
- Ability to organize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain necessary level of confidentiality to
protect patient privacy.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competency and accuracy using multiple computer systems.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, including medical
- Previous data entry or laboratory/healthcare experience
preferred.Benefits for a full time employee are as follows:
- Salary for this position is $20.00/hour
- Five (5) Medical Insurance Options by Cigna
- Four (4) Dental Insurance Options by Cigna or Alpha Dental
- Vision Insurance by Cigna
- 401k by Ascensus
- Paid Time Off &Holiday PayPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: Summit Pathology Laboratories, Inc., Casper , Pathology Lab Assistant - Casper, WY, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...