RN - Director of Nursing - Casper, WY
Company: EmpRes Healthcare
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Shepherd of the Valley Rehabilitation and Wellness is accepting applications for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our leadership team as the Director of Nursing Services.. This is a great 192 bed center, located in the heart of Casper, Wyoming. We have new ownership, and our staff are amazing! Our focus on delivery of the best quality of care in our community is our goal every day! We take the impact of our care delivery for our residents seriously as they move through the seasons of their lives. We enjoy a stellar clinical support team, in a warm, comforting environment. Our residents vary from clinically complex to long term. Each of them, treated like a part of our family. Our staff love what they do here. We would welcome a chance to show you around and introduce you to our outstanding community! PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR RESUME for consideration. RN - Director of Nursing GENERAL SUMMARY The RN - Director of Nursing is responsible for the day-to-day operations, activities and success of the resident care staff, as governed by the Center policies, and state and federal regulations. This leadership role validates that the Nursing Department continues to develop and maintain high standards for excellence by being knowledgeable of industry changes and trends, and by implementing up-to-date nursing practices.
- Develops and maintains a nursing service philosophy, objectives, standards of practice, policy and process manuals.
- Manages, supervises, and develops plans of action for assigned units, providing consistent monitoring and follow-through.
- Establishes systems for care planning, including assessments, plan of treatment, objectives and goals, evaluations and discharge planning. Maintains accurate and timely documentation.
- Coordinates care needs with other departments.
- Ensures the scheduling of the nursing staff meet the needs of the residents and adhere to budget and staffing guidelines.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, disciplining, coaching, and conducting performance appraisals on assigned units.
- Demonstrates an understanding and knowledge of certification laws and requirements, survey requirements and Medicare program.
- Supervises the rehabilitation programs of residents.
- Validates that reporting departments consistently meet state and federal requirements for long-term care facilities.
- Validates existence of a quality assurance program for nursing services and coordinates interdisciplinary quality assurance program.
- Demonstrates dedication to staff and residents by knowing each resident and their individual needs, providing opportunities for recognizing a job well done by employees and implementing support programs.
- Represents Center to residents, physicians, family members and community.
- Assists with planning orientation for new nurses, and assists with evaluation of staff development programs.
- Directs the functions and activities of the ED in his/her absence. RN - Director of Nursing EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN degree preferred.
- Current unencumbered licensure in the state of employment.
- Certification in Rehab Nursing, geriatrics, or psychiatric nursing desirable.
- Minimum two years' experience as a nursing services supervisor in a long-term care Center desirable. RN - Director of Nursing BENEFITS
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave
- We offer Daily Pay at this location
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Employee Hardship Fund
- 100% Employee Owned Company Shepherd of the Valley Rehabilitation & Wellness 60 Magnolia Street Casper, WY 82604 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: EmpRes Healthcare, Casper , RN - Director of Nursing - Casper, WY, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!