Occupational Therapist - PRN
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: March 9, 2019
Occupational Therapy at Wyoming Medical Center offers expert, collaborative services across the continuum of care for patients presenting with a variety of diagnoses. We offer improved quality of life and functional independence through comprehensive, compassionate and goal-oriented treatment that achieves true patient satisfaction. Duties& Responsibilities:
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Evaluates and treats patients in all areas of Occupational Therapy, such as Activities of Daily Living (ADL) training, aquatics, splinting, cognitive training, Orthopedics, Lymphedema, etc.
- Evaluates and treats patients with various diagnoses including neurological, orthopedic, wound, medical, surgical, etc.
- Uses knowledge of particular diagnoses to evaluate and establish treatment plans, such as Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Cardiovascular Accident (CVA), neurological, orthopedic, medical/surgical, psychologic, dysphagia, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of and uses appropriate evaluation tools.
- Works with a variety of age groups, newborn through geriatric.
- Completes accurate, timely and appropriate documentation when working in all areas.
- Work as part of a transdisciplinary team that includes Speech-Language Pathology, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, nursing, respiratory care, social services, recreation, nutrition services, and others.
- Has cursory ability to work with WMC patient equipment such as ventilators, feeding tubes, oximeter, central lines, beds, pumps, respiratory equipment, etc.
- Mentors new staff and students.
- Uses equipment appropriately- office, patient care, Occupational Therapy, interventional, etc.
- Follows WMC Policy and Procedure and Occupational Therapy Policy and Procedure.
- Adheres to the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) Code of Ethics.
- Abides by the Occupational Therapy Licensure regulations of Wyoming including limitations on Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) and technicians.
- Follows regulatory guidelines for Therapy from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), The Joint Commission, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), or others as applicable.
- Maintains awareness of medications and their effects on patient performance, as well as laboratory results relevant to OT.
- Educates patient, caregiver, and other staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Occupational Therapist - PRN, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!