Posted on: May 17, 2019
Job Purpose: To provide patient/family driven care, the Registered
Nurse, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, will
deliver treatment with an emphasis on assessment, education,
prevention, maintenance, and restoration of health and when
indicated end of life comfort care in a supportive and culturally
sensitive manner. Essential Functions:
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal
rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a
position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care
goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand
condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards;
measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards;
making or recommending necessary adjustments; following company and
nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state
board of nursing, state nurse practice act, Oncology Nursing
Society and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing
multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for
assistance from health care support personnel when necessary.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols, safe medication
administration, mixing, and storage procedures, and controlled
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining
equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies;
using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job
- Updates and maintains professional and technical knowledge by
attending educational workshops; reviewing professional
publications; establishing personal networks; participating in
- Maintains a respectful cooperative relationship among health
care teams by communicating information; responding to requests;
building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as necessary.
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a diploma,
Associate or Bachelor's degree in Nursing..
- Passed the NCLEX_RN
- Licensed by the state. Preferred Skills
- Bachelor of Science in related field Required Competencies
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance.
Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication
skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical
ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Physical demands: While performing the duties
of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms;
talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech
clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend. Work
environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and
biohazard exposure.The Tennessean. Keywords: Registered Nurse (RN),
Location: Casper, WY - 82602
Keywords: e+CancerCare, Casper , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!