Practice Manager - Advantage Orthopedic & Neurosurgery
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and supervising
the delivery of health care in assigned practice(s), clinic(s),
and/or department(s). Must be prepared to deal with evolving
integrated health care delivery systems, technological innovations,
an increasingly complex regulatory environment, and restructuring
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages practices and department(s) with major focus on
improving the business aspects of health care operations and
quality of health care provided.
- Collaborates with administrative staff and physicians to
optimize efficiency of a variety of related services ranging from
inpatient care to outpatient follow-up care.
- Establishes and implements policies, objectives and procedures
for the department(s).
- Reports on department results and outcomes.
- Participates in staff human resource planning and decisions,
including hiring, training, supervision, and evaluating personnel
and their work.
- Develops budgets including recommendations for equipment
outlays. Ensures appropriate reimbursement by staying abreast of
billing, collections, and payer matters as well as
- Coordinates activities with other managers, administrative
staff, and physicians.
- Ensures that all providers' schedules are accurate prior to
- Maintains and coordinates relationships with outreach
- Interacts with IT on computer operations and reporting of
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Identifies organizational problems and opportunities for
improvement and brings solutions and suggestions to directors'
- Functions as a team member by assisting, supporting, and
encouraging other employees.
- Develops departmental objectives, establishes staffing patterns
and organizes the work of the department.
- Manages daily operations of each office and coordinates the
work activities and schedules.
- Prioritizes daily departmental workflow. Ensures accurate
interpretation, timely posting and the reconciliation of the
- Oversees the definition, submission, and comparison of national
benchmark data. Suggests courses of action to align with industry
- Selects and schedules training/orientation for departmental
personnel. Performs reviews of personnel in a timely manner.
Recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary
- Designs work schedules, hours and duty assignments. Coordinates
staff schedules and scheduled time off.
- Develops, maintains, implements, and provides training for
up-to-date job description, expectations, protocols, policy and
- Analyzes, prepares, and presents monthly reports as requested
by the Executive Director.
- Ensures that office space, supplies, equipment, and assistance
are provided and maintained appropriately.
- Ensures that all business functions are operative and that all
processes are effectively and efficiently in place. Reviews
processes and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Operates within the context of an established budget. Makes
recommendations for annual budget and maximizes opportunities to
meet and exceed budget guidelines.
- Understands and complies with all applicable laws, rules,
regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assists in the selection, employment, development and
management of staff.
- Interacts with medical and support staff to ensure compliance
with policies and procedures.
- Assists in preparation, implementation and monitoring of
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional
development to keep pace with healthcare trends.
- Is responsible for activities associated with the recruitment
of physicians and mid-level providers.
- Is responsible for coordinating work schedules for all
- Is responsible for employee time cards: corrections, additions,
- Accountable for improvements in the performance of quality
metrics related to nationally recognized organizations such as
Joint Commission, Leapfrog, Center's for Medicare and Medicaid
Services (CMS) as related to responsibilities.
- Accountable for successful achievement of organizational
- Successfully completes leadership training and demonstrates
competency in leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) certification
- Work experience that demonstrates knowledge of fiscal and human
resource management, excellent oral communication skills, and the
ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative
- supervisory experience
- clinic experience
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Practice Manager - Advantage Orthopedic & Neurosurgery, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!