Care Tech & Certified Nursing Assistant-Medical Unit (PRN)
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: May 16, 2019
As a member of the Wyoming Medical Center health care team, the
Care Tech / Certified Nursing Assistant provides quality service in
a timely, courteous, and cost-effective manner. The Care Tech/CNA
assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic
nursing care to patients, and assists in maintenance of a safe and
clean environment under the direction and supervision of a
Registered Nurse, Manager, or Director. The Care Tech/CNA is
responsible and accountable for direct and indirect patient care
and for completing delegated tasks following Universal
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards,
and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the
individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Performs duties and responsibilities within the scope of a
Certified Nursing Assistant as defined by the Wyoming State Board
of Nursing guidelines and Wyoming Medical Center policies and
- Performs duties as assigned by RN, charge nurse, coordinator,
or manager in a timely manner and within scope of responsibilities.
Demonstrates organizational and prioritizing skills in daily
routines to ensure appropriate patient flow and accomplishment of
- Consistently practices patient safety, including falls
prevention and pressure ulcer prevention.
- Practices patient care according to Joint Commission and OSHA
standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Answers call lights and assists with patient care, including
ambulation, repositioning, and passing water.
- Passes out menus, calls for meal trays and deliveries, passes
out and picks up meal trays.
- Maintains and updates census log book.
- Stays updated through communication book. Reads and utilizes
- Maintains and updates white boards in patient rooms.
- Monitors visitors and enforces unit-specific visitation
policies. Assists in monitoring family interactions/dynamics.
- Greets and helps direct patients and families. Provides
unit-specific orientation for patients and families.
- Appropriately utilizes chain of command.
- Mentors new staff.
- Answers telephones. Arranges meetings (including room bookings
and invitations) and performs typing as requested.
- Responds appropriately in crisis situations and knows
responsibility during Codes.
- Assists with scheduling. Posts and updates patient
- Oversees check-out and use of videos.
- Transports patients as needed to and from other departments,
and performs CNA duties as needed.
- Performs light housekeeping and maintenance of equipment. Is
knowledgeable of area-specific equipment. Processes dirty equipment
- Maintains clean and neat work environment. Performs
environmental safety checks.
- Serves as courier for specimens, mail, etc.
- Orders daily lab tests. Posts lab results.
- Enters daily charges and charges for area-specific procedures
and equipment. Reconciles patient charges with Omni data and
- Enters physician orders.
- Prepares chart packets and follows chart management format.
Transcribes orders and enters them into charts. Assists with
communication of orders. Maintains IPMB (I Pass My Baton)
- Maintains unit supply of food, forms, and other supplies,
including non-stock items. Communicates supply needs to Supply
Clerk or other appropriate staff. Completes and submits work
- Responds to product recall alerts and takes appropriate action
to update unit inventories.
- Participates as requested in product evaluation committee.
- Performs patient call-backs and relays patient concerns or
information as appropriate.
- Participates as assigned in the validation of documentation
related to medications and other supplies.
- Assists RN, physician, and other team members with admissions,
discharges, transfers, and procedures.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Provides unit orientation for patient and family. Provides
education to patient and family as appropriate, including
- Accurately obtains and documents vital signs, including
- Accurately documents patient intake and output, including fluid
- Assists with patient rounds as assigned.
- Assists with and performs skin and wound care according to WMC
policies and procedures.
- Participates in shared governance structures appropriate to
responsibilities and interests, to improve nursing practice and
patient care. Participates in unit staff meetings and
- Practices aseptic technique.
- Provides Level One respiratory care.
- Assists patients with passive range of motion.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies in patient status,
malfunction of equipment, and daily changes in the schedule. Knows
responsibility during Codes and responds appropriately to crisis
- Follows WMC restraint policy.
- Practices proper technique in specimen collection, labeling,
care, transport, and handling.
- Follows policy for post-mortem care, including organ
- Appropriately reports occurrences according to WMC risk
- Demonstrates flexibility in work assignments with regard to
- Documents according to WMC policies and procedures.
- Utilizes basic computer applications.
- Uses patient care equipment appropriately. Demonstrates proper
procedure for decontamination of equipment used for patient
- Processes and stocks linen, supplies, and equipment
- Conducts self in a professional manner, using accountable
communication to resolve problems in an open, timely manner.
- Utilizes Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) methodology and
- Maintains high level of patient confidentiality.
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and follows minimal lift
policies and procedures.
- Assists other members of the team as requested. Performs
additional duties as required or delegated.
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Care Tech & Certified Nursing Assistant-Medical Unit (PRN), Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!