Case Management Social Worker
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: July 8, 2019
The WMC/WHMG case manager will aid in the coordination of care and
services to better facilitate the delivery of care and services to
the people of Casper and the greater Wyoming area. The case manager
works to ensure the provision of quality healthcare along the
continuum, decrease fragmentation, enhance the patient's quality of
life, and efficiently use patient care resources while maximizing
cost containment opportunities. The case manager guides the
integrated team in the function of care coordination, facilitation
of referrals, education, advocacy, and outcomes driven
evidence-based practices, thus migrating avoidable utilization of
high acuity care settings. The case manager will be an intricate
member of the WMC/WHMG health care team. Duties and
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards,
and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the
individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Assesses patient's clinical course and provides ongoing patient
care coordination. Assesses patient and family adaptations to
illness or disability and capacity to provide for patient's care
needs. Identifies obstacles to meeting care goals.
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other disciplines to
foster a coordinated approach to the patient's care.
- Assists medical staff to investigate and resolve problems and
concerns related to the patient's care.
- Identifies and facilitates resolution of process issues to
avoid delays in patient care.
- Facilitates development or revision of care pathways in
parallel with best practices and order sets, in collaboration as
appropriate with physicians and support services.
- Seeks peer and supervisor consultation regarding problematic
cases or cases demonstrating deviations from the plan of care.
- Facilitates the clinical progression for a patient population
through tracking outcomes.
- Provides in-service training and collaborates with clinical
- Champions current evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
Initiates and develops improved practices in collaboration with
clinical staff. Seeks educational opportunities within the primary
work environment. Evaluates current research and studies and
applies findings to improve case management practice and service
- Assures referrals for discharge planning are timely and
- Serves as a resource for and appropriately disseminates
- Monitors daily inpatient census to identify and monitor complex
patient population as part of WHMG Transition Care Program to
reduce readmission rate and improve outcomes.
- Coordinates referrals for WHMG Palliative and Hospice
- Performs home visits as assigned.
- Through optimal combination of services and education,
maximizes functional capacity of patient for self care, assisted
living, or transitional placement as appropriate.
- Documents in appropriate area of medical record and assures
appropriate accessibility of documentation to other health care
- Notifies physician of care continuum issues related to
insurable coverage and collaborates in resolving issues in the best
interests of the patient.
- Resolves quality or risk management issues or appropriately
refers them for corrective action.
- Acts as the patient's advocate throughout the care
- Stays current with research and trends in evidence-based
practice related to specialty area and assignments.
- Participates in department clinical outcome projects.
- Facilitates standardization of patient education with clinical
and medical staff.
- Participates in shared governance structures appropriate to
responsibilities and interests, to improve nursing practice and
patient care. Participates in department staff meetings. Serves on
hospital and/or nursing committees as appointed or requested.
Participates in task force activities.
- Practices quality management according to Joint Commission and
OSHA standards and regulatory guidelines. Applies regulatory
requirements to practice (e.g. HIPAA, CMS, Joint Commission, URAC,
- Leads activities to promote and strengthen team cohesiveness
and effective performance.
- Exhibits strong relationship-building skills with medical
staff, clinical staff, and management.
- Reflects cost awareness, concern for cost containment, and
conservation of resources in activities.
- Demonstrates and models openness to change and willingness to
try new approaches and systems.
- Keeps Manger and Medical Director apprised of developments,
progress, and barriers.
- Conducts self in a professional manner, using accountable
communication to resolve problems in an open, timely manner.
Demonstrates professional relations at all times with patients,
families, physicians, co-workers, and the public.
- Performs additional duties as assigned. Requirements
- ---\tAt least three years of acute care experience is
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Case Management Social Worker, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!