Nurse Manager - Operating Room & Perioperative Services - East Campus
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: July 31, 2019
As a leader in the Wyoming Medical Center team, the Nurse Manager
will facilitate continuous improvement in the delivery of quality
patient care, individually as well as through leadership,
delegation, referral, and cooperation with other team members,
managers, directors, and administration. The Nurse Manager will be
responsible for the overall performance and success of assigned
department(s), and will utilize hospital and department resources
in an efficient, cost-conscious manner to accomplish department and
hospital objectives. The Nurse Manager for Medical is responsible
for the Medical department, and additional responsibilities may be
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates patient throughput in surgery center environment in
efficient and safe manner.
- Accountable for quality and satisfaction metrics within surgery
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards,
and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the
individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Performs duties and responsibilities within the scope of a
Registered Professional Nurse as defined by the Wyoming Nurse
Practice Act, Wyoming Medical Center policies and procedures, and
the Registered Nurse job description.
- Responsible and accountable for achieving improvements in
defined quality initiatives. These initiatives will be identified
annually with the Chief Nursing Officer and the Associate Vice
President of Nursing.
- Oversees adequate staffing levels on a daily basis to assure
patient assignments are made based on patient acuity, staff
expertise, and skill levels, in conjunction with the Charge
- Educates staff in the delivery of patient care, and assists as
needed or scheduled.
- Performs, educates on, and encourages patient rounding to
enhance customer satisfaction and quality improvement.
- Establishes and promotes a framework for professional nursing
practice built on core ideology which includes vision, mission,
philosophy, core values, evidence-based practice, and standards of
practice. Supports the Caring Model of professional practice.
- Participates fully in the full range of patient safety, Lean,
and quality and performance improvement initiatives affecting
assigned departments, and plays a leadership role in these
initiatives as appropriate.
- Facilitate programs and partnerships to support community
health and wellness initiatives through the continuum of care at
all access points.
- Accountable for improvements in the performance of quality
metrics related to nationally recognized organizations such as
Joint Commission, Leapfrog, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Services (CMS), and other measures related to the prevention of
complications of care, including adherence to national patient
safety goals, prevention of falls and pressure ulcers, achieves
departmental and organizational strategic goals, actively improves
patient satisfaction, facilitates the prevention of infections, and
decreases in Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI),
Ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP), and Central Line-Associated
Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI) incidence as related to job
- Accountable for and facilitates actions with staff to reduce
incidences of falls and pressure ulcers.
- Ensures compliance with Hand washing Adherence Initiatives
- Implements strategies to increase the percentage of overall
patient satisfaction; services scores for unit is in top box.
- Accountable for successful achievement of organizational
- Successfully completes leadership training and demonstrates
competency in leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- CNOR within 1 year of hire
- Nurse Manager Certification within 1 year of hire
- Prior leadership experience in surgery center environment.
- 3 – 5 years prior experience in a leadership or management
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Nurse Manager - Operating Room & Perioperative Services - East Campus, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!