Registered Nurse - Sage Primary Care
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: August 2, 2019
Under minimal supervision of the Practice Physician, in a Patient
Centered Medical Home model, the Registered Nurse effectively
manages the daily operations and resources for the assigned
physician. She/he organizes, directs, and administers nursing care
utilizing the nursing process, protocols and standards of nursing
practice. The RN acts as liaison between the practice, patient,
physician, staff, and outside agencies. She/he assists other
providers as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates exemplary telephone communications.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills with internal
and external customers.
- Performs electrocardiograms, ear lavage and immunizations.
Supervises administration of nebulized and injectable
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards,
and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the
individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Administers physician-driven protocols for patient care, which
may include: medication refills, anticoagulation supervision,
health maintenance, acute and chronic disease management.
- After registration, assigns patient to an exam room and
collects data specific to the patient visit.
- Maintains knowledge of and applies principles of universal
- Coordinates appointments for medical tests.
- Performs collection and preparation of lab specimens.
- Coordinates medication samples under the direction of the
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates competency related to
age specific needs across the life span.
- Assists the physician with clinical procedures as
- Proficiently types on computer.
- Demonstrates competency in the documentation of physician
orders and in the computer entry process.
- Maintains par levels of practice medical supplies. Orders
supplies as assigned.
- Ensures accurate and comprehensive patient information is
collected and entered into the computer system.
- Acts in the role of preceptor and/or mentor for new
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to
- Assures that all statements and forms are completed accurately
- Is responsible for protecting patient confidentiality,
answering verbal or written inquires, updating patient record
information, coordinating requests for medical record information
and completing reports as directed.
- Works in cooperation with other employees.
- Attends and participates in team meetings.
- Participates in the Performance Appraisal Process and
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Attends in-services and workshops as required.
- Follows the Code of Behavior.
- Practices registered nursing within a care center and/or via
the telephone, utilizing the nursing process, input from
clinicians, and organization-approved nursing guidelines /
protocols within the RN scope of practice.
- Schedules patients according to clinic templates, guidelines
and individual provider needs/schedules.
- As assigned, serves in the role of a"triage" nurse for the care
center, including but not limited to: assessing caller's needs,
developing a care plan based upon initial assessment, and directing
patient to the appropriate healthcare provider or facility; active
involvement in patient care and rounding on patients during
appointments to respond to questions and discuss post-appointment
care at home; documenting information provided to patient in
electronic health record systems; communicating to physician any
patient circumstances that require physician follow-up during
patient care; and meeting established service benchmarks as defined
by the care center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- --- At least one year of experience as a registered nurse
working in a hospital or physician office setting is
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Registered Nurse - Sage Primary Care, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!