Certified Nursing Assistant - Surgical Unit East Campus - Nights
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: August 2, 2019
As a member of the Wyoming Medical Center health care team, the
Certified Nursing Assistant will provide quality service in a
timely, courteous, and cost-effective manner. The CNA is devoted to
providing patient care in a comfortable and safe environment. The
CNA will assist patients with activities of daily living, provide
basic nursing care to patients, and assist in maintenance of a safe
and clean environment. The CNA is responsible and accountable for
direct and indirect patient care and for completing delegated tasks
following Universal Precautions.
Duties and Responsibilities:.
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards,
and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the
individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Performs duties and responsibilities within the scope of a
Certified Nursing Assistant as defined by the Wyoming State Board
of Nursing guidelines and Wyoming Medical Center policies and
- Performs duties as assigned by RN, charge nurse, coordinator,
or manager in a timely manner and within scope of responsibilities.
Demonstrates organizational and prioritizing skills in daily
routines to ensure appropriate patient flow and accomplishment of
- Consistently practices patient safety, including falls
prevention and pressure ulcer prevention.
- Practices patient care according to Joint Commission and OSHA
standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Assists, RN, physician, and other team members with admissions,
discharges, transfers, and procedures.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Provides unit orientation for patient and family. Provides
education to patient and family as appropriate, including
- Accurately obtains and documents vital signs, including
- Accurately documents patient's intake and output, including
- Assists with patient rounds as assigned.
- Assists with and performs skin and wound care according to WMC
policies and procedures.
- Participates in shared governance structures appropriate to
responsibilities and interests, to improve nursing practice and
patient care. Participates in unit staff meetings and
- Practices aseptic technique.
- Provides Level One respiratory care.
- Assists patients with passive range of motion.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies in patient status,
malfunction of equipment, and daily changes in the schedule.
- Knows responsibility during Codes and responds appropriately to
- Follows WMC restraint policy.
- Practices proper technique in specimen collection, labeling,
care, transport, and handling.
- Follows policy for post-mortem care, including organ
- Appropriately reports occurrences according to WMC risk
- Demonstrates flexibility in work assignments with regard to
- Appropriately utilizes chain of command.
- Documents according to WMC policies and procedures.
- Reads and utilizes communication materials.
- Utilizes basic computer applications.
- Uses patient care equipment appropriately. Demonstrates proper
procedure for decontamination of equipment used for patient
- Processes and stocks linen, supplies, and equipment
- Maintains clean work environment and performs light
- Performs environmental safety checks.
- Mentors new staff.
- Conducts self in a professional manner, using accountable
communication to resolve problems in an open, timely manner.
- Utilizes Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) methodology and
- Maintains high level of patient confidentiality.
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and follows minimal lift
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required or delegated.
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Certified Nursing Assistant - Surgical Unit East Campus - Nights, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!