Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit - Full Time/Part Time Avaliable
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: October 3, 2019
As a pivotal partner within the health care delivery team, the
Registered Nurse will ensure the delivery of quality patient care,
individually as well as through leadership and delegation to other
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards,
and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the
individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Performs duties and responsibilities within the scope of a
Registered Professional Nurse as defined by the Wyoming Nurse
Practice Act and Wyoming Medical Center policies and
- Assesses, develops, implements, and evaluates plan of care for
the patient, utilizing a holistic approach. Coordinates and
provides leadership for optimal patient outcomes in a team
- Performs admission, transfer, and discharge processes according
to unit protocols.
- Collaboratively assesses and develops an education plan for
patient and family. Provides education to patient and family as
- Practices quality management according to Joint Commission and
OSHA standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Keeps current on WMC policies and procedures. Reads and
utilizes department communications.
- Maintains confidentiality standards for patients and
- Transports and/or monitors sedated patients according to WMC
policies and procedures.
- Documents according to WMC policies and procedures.
- Consistently practices patient safety, including falls
prevention and pressure ulcer prevention.
- Maintains Code of Ethics within practice.
- Participates in shared governance structures appropriate to
responsibilities and interests, to improve nursing practice and
patient care. Participates in unit staff meetings and
- Complies with WMC policies and procedures concerning Advance
- Appropriately reports occurrences according to WMC risk
- Performs required chart audits.
- Practices pain assessment and management according to WMC
- Follows WMC restraint policy.
- Delegates tasks appropriately.
- Coordinates patient care, including with ancillary departments.
Participates in or coordinates care conferences. Is familiar and
collaborates with multi-disciplinary departments involved in
- Transcribes and implements physician orders and acts as a
resource for others.
- Administers blood and blood products according to WMC policies
- Administers medications according to WMC policies and
- Performs venipuncture and administers IV therapy according to
WMC policies and procedures. Acts as resource for information and
assistance with IV therapy procedures.
- Interprets lab results and follows up appropriately.
- Inserts, maintains, or removes tubes and catheters per WMC
policies and procedures.
- Maintains clean and neat work environment.
- Mentors new staff.
- Utilizes basic computer applications and acts as a resource for
- Practices aseptic technique.
- Practices proper technique in specimen collection, labeling,
care, transport, and handling.
- Follows policy for post-mortem care, including organ
- Identifies trends and initiates or facilitates problem-solving
- Utilizes Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) methodology and
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and follows minimal lift
policies and procedures.
- Follows and promotes a framework for professional nursing
practice that incorporates vision, mission, philosophy, core
values, evidence-based practice, and standards of practice.
- Adheres to the American Nurses Association (ANA) social policy
statement, and promotes community health and wellness.
- Routinely uses self-appraisal and peer review, including annual
goal setting, for the assurance of competence and professional
- Conducts self in a professional manner, using accountable
communication to resolve problems in an open, timely manner.
Demonstrates professional relations at all times with patients,
families, physicians, co-workers, and the public.
- Complies with all safety and health standards and all rules,
regulations, and orders that are applicable to the nursing
position, actions, and conduct.
- Coordinates and provides leadership in a team setting, and
accepts direction when called upon.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies in patient status,
malfunction of equipment, and daily changes in the schedule. Knows
responsibility during Codes and responds appropriately to crisis
- Demonstrates flexibility in work assignments with regard to
volume-driven schedules. Performs duties as assigned by charge
nurse, coordinator, or team leader in a timely manner and with
responsibility for reporting back on status of assignments.
- Performs additional duties as required or delegated.
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit - Full Time/Part Time Avaliable, Healthcare , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!