Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is responsible for negotiating, purchasing, and
managing commodity materials. Responsible for planning, scheduling,
advising, market analysis, forecasting, and communicating of market
activity. Develops and implements specific sourcing strategies to
support corporate objectives, providing the company with a
competitive advantage in the areas of materials and services.
Creates and maintains mutually beneficial long-term partnerships
with suppliers as well as trading staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purchase construction commodity materials for assigned
- Negotiate contracts with vendors ensuring quality products and
- Price bid lists at current market. Inform traders of how market
conditions may impact pricing when the job begins to ship.
- Work with traders to keep them up to date on developments as
- Develop new sources of supply by educating vendors on the size,
scope, and buying power.
- Develop a system by which the day-to-day management of all jobs
is possible. Train designated back-up on your system to cover your
desk when you are out of the office.
- Maintain supplier relationships that will provide the company
with competitive advantages in lowest total cost, highest quality
products, and superior customer service.
- Track materials in reloads and shipments in conjunction with
- Resolve quantity, quality, documentation, and other
discrepancies associated with procurement with suppliers.
Bachelors degree in Business or a combination of
- A minimum of ten years of experience as a
buyer or seller of lumber and building
- Supervisory experience, ability to lead a
- Proven success in capitalizing on pricing trends by monitoring
- Ability to develop and execute a plan quickly and effectively
to manage a supply interruption.
- Experience analyzing market trends, developing, and
implementing a successful buying strategy.
- Long-established relationships with mills/suppliers.
- Critical thinking skills with a track record of long-term
- Solid knowledge of lumber and building
- Possesses the ability to lead the buying
- Ability to be self-directed while working under tight
- Close attention to detail
- Proven negotiation skills
- Displays exceptional math skills
- Has excellent critical thinking as well as analytical
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of
- Ability to travel as required
All qualified applicants will
receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex
(including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military
status, genetic information, or any other status protected by
applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and
Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing
quality professionals within multiple industries across the United
States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive,
client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to
deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: GPAC, Casper , Buyer, Other , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!