Company: State of Wyoming
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for a wide range of fiscal,
clerical, and administrative tasks to ensure policies and
procedures set forth by Federal, State, and Local office guidelines
Human Resource Contact: 307-235-3690
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only
and are not intended to describe every function which may be
performed at the job level.
- Maintains a segment of a fiscal system and multiple
- Receives and examines fiscal documents to determine if
budget/expenditure coding, necessary supporting documentation, and
appropriate approvals are included in the submission.
- Posts fiscal/statistical data, performs calculations, balances
totals, and verifies, sorts, and sequences fiscal documents.
- Investigates and either resolves issues with rejected
transactions, out-of-balance conditions, and system irregularities
or brings to management attention if unable to do so.
- Performs financial processing functions for transactions of a
non-routine or unusual nature.
- Produces financial or statistical reports, collects and records
fee payments, prepares funds for a deposit, verifies amounts
recorded and received.
- Enters WOLFS document for payment.
- Involved in routine tasks associated with A/P, A/R, including,
but not limited to, tracking database entry, cash receipts, and
- Enters expenditure modifications and warrant cancelations in
- Searches and disburses fiscal information pertaining to process
- Assists in the inventory of all fixed assets.
- Prepares proofreads and edits routine correspondence, reports,
tables, and records.
- Processes and reviews routine paperwork and /or enters data
into a department log or database.
- Maintains department records system, including filing,
scanning, retrieving, archiving documents, researching files,
- Greets and directs a high volume of visitors, deliveries, and
the general public.
- With appropriate information, responds to requests for
information, makes referrals, and resolves customer complaints.
This may involve research or agency specialized knowledge.
- Processes and distributes all incoming mail; prepare
- Maintains calendars, makes appointments, travel arrangements,
and arrange meeting rooms.
- Provides superb customer service.
- Explains or interprets procedures.
Preferencemay be given to applicants with 1-3 yearsofprevious
clerical and/or accounting experience and working knowledge of
Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and business principles.
- Knowledge of data entry in WOLFS III system.
- Knowledge of computer program applications, data management,
- Knowledge of State and Federal codes, regulations, and related
- Knowledge of office procedures, filing, and alphabetizing.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and
- Knowledge of reviewing documents for accuracy and
- Knowledge of methods used to deal with the public
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette and coordinating telephone and
- Knowledge in the preparation of records, reports, and
Associate's Degree (typically in Finance)
No prior experience required
Education & ExperienceSubstitution:
1-3 years of progressive work experience (typically in
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All positions within the Department of Family Services will
require a background information check, including the taking of
fingerprints, which will be completed through the Wyoming
Department of Criminal Investigation, the Department of Family
Services, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, for every
049-Department of Family Services- Field Operations
Click here to visit the Department of Family Services
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified
applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the
A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Casper , FIAC04-2021-00855-Accounting Clerk-Casper, Other , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!