Packaging Assistant (SAPB)
Company: Boston Beer Company
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best
beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking
people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we
play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our nextPackaging
Packaging Assistants will be cross trained on the Variety Pack
Lines (Cans and Bottles), Boxmakers, Tray Packers, and Line 7
Climax in the Packaging Department and will become familiar with
all equipment in their daily designated area of work.
What You'll Do:
What We're Looking
- Must be able to
work with a team-oriented, "Safety First" approach. Safely,
efficiently, and effectively work to attain department and brewery
- Must observe and practice all
Department/Brewery Procedures. Including the proper use of all PPE,
this may include but is not limited to; voluntary respirators, bump
caps, safety shoes, hearing protection, and eye protection in
conjunction with all GMP regulations.
- Safely and efficiently operate Packaging
Department equipment/machinery as assigned to meet
- Must be receptive to working in a team
environment and maintain positive working relationships with
- Participate in continuous improvement
initiatives and make recommendations to the process.
- Conduct proper sanitation duties. Involving
the complete cleaning of all the equipment within the facility.
Foaming equipment, hoses, brooms, shovels, brushes, scrapers,
squeegees, and the numerous chemicals that are necessary to
sanitize the designated site.
- Communicate with coworkers through face to
face interactions, brewery phones, and radios.
- Perform work and cleaning in confined space
areas such as the Pasteurizer.
- Assist with supporting overtime as needed to
cover varying production needs. May include 12 hour days, nights,
weekends, and/or holidays.
- Able to react to change productively and
handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent,
and applicable Production knowledge required.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
with all team peers and customers.
- Must be available to support shift, weekend and holiday
schedules as required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly
changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a "get-it-done,
- Proficient with Computer systems and automated equipment. Must
be able to learn and accurately utilize company systems; operate
computers and automated equipment and input data as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written
- Must be able to work assigned shifts as needed
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
repetitively throughout the shift.
- Be able to stand, twist, and bend as required for 90% of work
- Work overtime as needed; which may require 12 hour days,
nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and hot and
cold room environments
Our people are our most
important "ingredient." We not only have to hire the best, but we
have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a
variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package,
extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted
stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company
match. Not to mention, there's the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity
employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help
ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam
Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request
accommodation in the job application process can contact (see
application details) for assistance.
Keywords: Boston Beer Company, Casper , Packaging Assistant (SAPB), Other , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!