Driver - Delivery Technician
Company: Apria Healthcare
Posted on: June 6, 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for
our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and
compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an
industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory
services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep
better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
Delivery Technicians (DTs) at Apria improve the quality of life
for our patients at home by delivering, setting up, and instructing
patients on the use of medical equipment in their homes and care
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick up and deliver medical equipment (e.g., respiratory
supplies, oxygen equipment, hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.) and
oxygen to patients in their homes.
- Assemble, set up, inspect and test equipment, and instruct
patients and caregivers on basic operation and maintenance, in
accordance with state licensing limitations.
- Complete paperwork relating to deliveries, pick-ups, testing
and equipment checks, repairs, vehicle inspections, etc.
- Load and unload company vehicles with equipment and
- Operate non-commercial vehicles (<10,000lbs GVW and carrying
a combination of oxygen less than 1,001 lbs) carrying medical
equipment and oxygen.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections and check for gasoline, oil
and fluid levels, tire pressure, and brakes.
- May be required to clean, disinfect and assist with equipment
- May be required to work after-hours and on an on-call
- Successfully complete all required safe driving programs, abide
by applicable motor vehicle laws and ordinances, and demonstrate
safe driving practices at all times throughout employment.
- Maintain valid licenses and endorsements required for the
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is
- At least 1 year of related experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- Valid Non-Commercial Driver's License (e.g., Class C) in the
state where the employee works
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Team player
- Responsive and flexible
- Excellent vehicle operation skills and safe driving
- Compassionate and patient-centered
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Frequent lifting/carrying 10 - 160 lbs, including up and down
- Frequent pushing/pulling 20 lbs - 60 lbs, including up and down
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, night (low to limited
light) vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to communicate well with others
The physical demands described above are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to
providing all applicants and employees with equal access to
employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color,
national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic
information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender
identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria
Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a)
and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or
disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime
contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment
qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Keywords: Apria Healthcare, Casper , Driver - Delivery Technician, Other , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!