Assigned to: Casper Municipal Golf Course
Hiring for Golf Shop and Course Grounds Maintenance
Click here to apply
April 1st - October 31st
Golf Course seasonal staff must be able to work outside in a
variety of weather conditions.
Typically, all positions will begin being paid at the beginning
of pay range listed above.
Incumbents are responsible for performing tasks involved in the
general operation of a recreation facility or program and routine
manual labor work in a public setting. Receives direction from
higher level recreation and/or parks supervisory and management
(This position is driving essential)
Typical Class Essential Duties
Manual labor tasks per assigned workgroups. Duties may include:
hand shoveling dirt and/or snow, watering, weeding, mowing, ladder
climbing, cleaning, litter pick-up, trash collection, and object
lifting and loading/unloading.
May receive and verify payments; processes and maintains related
records to reconcile and follow City standards relating to accounts
May be required run various errands, including delivering and/or
May perform daily lift safety checks including walking lift
lines when assigned to Hogadon.
May perform basic cleaning and building maintenance tasks.
May register participants for classes and programs; may sell
tickets and assist with other services offered.
May perform basic record keeping and maintenance of record
May assist with work on special projects as needed.
Provides general customer service and communicates with the
public regarding fees, policies, rules and general information
about a facility or event within the Parks and Recreation
Represents the City of Casper by responding to the public,
citizens, its employees, and others in a prompt, professional, and
courteous manner while continuously maintaining a positive customer
Follows all City safety procedures. Reports all
accidents/incidents immediately to supervisor.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
- Customer service principles.
- Basic principles of health and sanitation standards.
- Proper use of basic manual tools (if applicable to
Abilities (position requirements at entry):
- Work a variety of shifts including weekends, nights, and
holidays as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work.
- Be flexible with changing assignments.
- Perform a variety of office and computer tasks (if applicable
- Work in holes, dig trenches, climb ladders and clean-up work
sites in a neat and orderly fashion (if applicable to
- Operate concession and cash registers in a safe/efficient
- Carry, stock and transport food supplies, equipment and
inventory in a safe manner.
- Safely operate and handle equipment and supplies
- Work around pesticides and in landscapes.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Communicate effectively.
- Learn general layout of facility to provide assistance to
- Perform basic math when assigned to cash handling
- Follow written and verbal instructions and direction.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
- Basic math.
- Operating in a courteous, knowledgeable and tactful manner with
staff and general public.
Training, Experience & Certifications
Training and Experience
- No previous training or experience required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minors are encouraged to apply. Age upon hire will determine
Licensing and Certification Requirements
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Wyoming Driver's
Supplemental Information & Physical Requirements
The above job description is intended to represent only the key
areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary
depending on the business needs of the department.
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply.
Employment with the City of Casper is contingent upon a
successful background screen and pre-employment drug test.
Applicants who have failed a pre-employment screen or have been
terminated from the City of Casper are ineligible for employment
consideration for 12 months. You will become eligible for
consideration 12 months from the date of your incident
(pre-employment screen or termination).
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must
utilize direct deposit for payroll purposes.
Driving records are required for all new employees regardless of
the position's driving requirements. If the employee has not held a
Wyoming driver's license for the last three years, the employee
must provide at their own initiation and expense a driving record
from their previous state(s) of residence.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling,
crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting,
grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise
move objects, including the human body.
Incumbents may be subject to dusts, odors, chemicals, and
extreme climate/weather conditions.
For driving essential positions, employment with the City of
Casper is contingent upon a satisfactory driving record. A driving
record that reflects any of the following criteria is considered
1) Convicted of three (3) or more moving violations within the
previous 36 months (three separate, individual incidents);
2)A conviction within the previous 36 months of any of the
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Leaving the scene of an accident;
- Fleeing to avoid arrest;
- Reckless Driving;
- Homicide or assault by motor vehicle;
- Driving without auto insurance;
- Driving on a suspended license;
- Refusal to take blood/breathalyzer test for suspected DUI or
If you have questions regarding the background screen,
pre-employment drug test or driving record, please contact the
Human Resources Office at (307)235-8344 prior to accepting a job