Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
If you are interested in an exciting, fast-paced career with the
Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT), look no further!The
Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) seeks a temporary ITS
Electrical Technician Helper located out of Casper, Wyoming.
Casper - the place for entertainment and things to do, both
indoors and out. Whether you seek the peacefulness of walking
pathways and parks along the North Platte River, the adventure of
skiing, snowboarding, or enjoying the outdoor ice arena in the
winter, splash pads in the summer, or the family events at David
Street Station - Casper offers something for everyone. Wyoming is
one of seven states with no income tax.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4467
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only
and are not intended to describe every function which may be
performed at the job level.
- Installs provide, maintains, and services pertinent electrical
equipment, as required by particular specialty
- Manages all aspects of that particular equipment for agency or
- Installs, troubleshoot, maintains, and repairs the specific
- Provides training in specialized equipment to lower-level
- Converses with staff and the system users to determine current
concerns and future needs
- May inspect installations by contractors
Preference may be given to an applicant who possesses an
Associate's degree with 0-2 years work experience related to
Technical Operations or Electrician, or no degree with 2-4 years
work experience related to Technical Operations or Electrician.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools
- Knowledge of basic troubleshooting electrical or electronic
- Skill in use of computers
- Knowledge of basic first-aid and CPR training
- Ability to use and read a digital multi meter
- Ability to perform job in a safe manner
None - See "Preferences"
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Safely and confidently perform faulty electric or electronic
equipment repairs at levels up to 40' working height.
- May be required to conduct repairs 24/7 in all weather
conditions and during high traffic volume situations.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Must be able to be tower climbing certified at heights up to
40' within 30 days of employment (WYDOT will provide equipment and
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- This is a temporary position lasting no longer than nine (9)
months and with no expectation of continued employment and may be
dismissed at any time without cause or reason.
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to
confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the
United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
045-Wyoming Department of Transportation - Chief Technology
Officer - GIS/ITS
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified
applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the
A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent