Welder (General Fabrication) - JW Williams
Company: Westerman, Inc.
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan for all positions. Eligible
for 80 hours/year after first 90 days, 120 hours/year after first
Excellent benefits package, effective on date of hire
Westerman is a multiple site manufacturer of production and storage
equipment within the oil, gas, and nuclear industries. Our
equipment helps optimize well pad design, improve separation
efficiency and lower overall equipment spend through
high-performance surface separation and processing technology. Our
equipment is setting new standards for performance and economics
This position will be located in Casper, WY at our JW Williams
facility (a company of Westerman, Inc).
* Read specifications or blueprints to determine the locations,
quantities, or sizes of materials required.
* Bolt aligned structural steel members in position for permanent
riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
* Fasten structural steel members to hoist cables, using chains,
cables, or rope.
* Hoist steel beams, girders, or columns into place, using cranes
or signaling hoisting equipment operators to lift and position
structural steel members.
* Cut, bend, or weld steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, or
* Force steel components into final positions, using turnbuckles,
crowbars, jacks, or hand tools.
* Pull, push, or pry steel components into approximate positions
for bolting into place.
* Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting as
* Assemble hoisting equipment or rigging, such as cables, pulleys,
or hooks, to move heavy equipment or materials.
* Fabricate metal parts, such as steel frames, columns, beams, or
girders, according to blueprints or instructions from
* Dismantle structures or equipment.
* Welding of separators, glycol absorbers, piping large and heavy
wall vessels and flow coils. Must be able to perform quality x-ray
welds on a consistent basis.
* Welding low pressure products such as heaters, reboilers, glycol
coolers, liquid accumulators, building skids and natural draft
* Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according
to specifications, using straightedge, combination square,
calipers, and ruler
* Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric,
gas, arc, or other welding equipment
* Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping
* Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude
melted scrap into reusable form
* Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves,
floors, and tank linings
* Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray,
and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to
* Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer,
caliper, and precision measuring instruments
* Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand
file, or scraper
* Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
* Single hand welding
* Pipe Fitting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
* Attention to detail and ability to make clean lines and cuts when
* Read and interpret blueprints; understand how the final product
* Identify flaws in welds or structural imperfections in the
* Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
* Conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes
to evaluate quality or performance
* Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and
what kind of maintenance is needed
* Knowledge of the properties and characteristics of metals used
for cutting, welding and forming objects and of various welding
fluxes and rods.
* Knowledge of safety precautions related to occupational hazards,
procedures and practices of the trade.
* Skilled in identifying the proper power and hand tools in the
safest possible manner and various equipment.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A WELDER 2 POSITION:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* At least 1 year welding experience
* Must be able to clear a weld assessment screening, including 3G
Plate and 2 processes with visual and bend acceptance
Salary may be negotiable based on experience
Westerman, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color,
religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veterans
Keywords: Westerman, Inc., Casper , Welder (General Fabrication) - JW Williams, Other , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!