Board Eligible Physicist
Posted on: November 26, 2019
Job Purpose: Primarily and professionally engaged in the design
optimization, technical evaluation and precise and accurate
delivery of radiation for patient care. Responsible for the
radiation safety of patients, staff and public and for the design
and implementation of the quality management that involve the use
of external beam radiotherapy equipment, therapeutic isotopes and
imaging equipment. Essential Functions:
- Provide medical physics service in a manner to meet or exceed
established standards of practice.
- Calibrate therapy equipment in a manner suitable for accurate
radiation dose delivery, under supervision of certified
- Direct the determination of radiation dose distributions in
patients undergoing treatment (i.e. computerized dosimetry planning
or direct radiation measurement).
- Direct the design and construction of patient treatment aids or
special devices (blocks, compensators, molds, etc.).
- Participate in the acceptance testing of new equipment and
- Active participation in the radiation safety program for the
radiation oncology department.
- Participate in equipment planning and evaluation, program
planning, marketing, staff review and budget preparation.
- Maintain proper records necessary for JCAHO, NRC, state, or
other regulatory agencies.
- Develop policies and procedures related to radiation safety and
radiation oncology physics.
- Provide consultation for personnel radiation exposure as
- Design and implement pertinent aspects of the quality
management program that involve the use of external beam
radiotherapy equipment and therapeutic radioisotopes.
- Assist in the evaluation of new technologies and implement as
- Consult with the radiation oncologists, as required, concerning
patient doses and optimization of patient treatment plans and
- Provide technical direction of radiation oncology staff as
specified by the department medical director.
- Serve as the focal point for machine maintenance and
- Monitor equipment to ensure that correct and consistent results
or outputs are achieved and ensuring that ongoing maintenance
routines are followed.
- Troubleshoot problems with hardware and software as
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and
weekends), as necessary.
- Compliance with the ABR Standard for Continuing Medical
- Masters or PHD in Medical Physics.
- ABR eligible and working toward ABR certification.
- Valid Driver's license & Reliable Transportation. Required
Competencies Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious
performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and
communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical
standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating
complicated equipments. Treatment planning experience.The
Tennessean. Keywords: Physicist, Location: Casper, WY - 82602
Keywords: e+CancerCare, Casper , Board Eligible Physicist, Other , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!