Field Electrician Technician-Wyoming
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills
and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you
with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If
yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled,
knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to
deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy
industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has
established a global network of people, technology and equipment to
deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible
hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies,
particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and
manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and
enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Canrig Drilling Technology provides equipment, tools, services, and
software products to global customer base, improving the safety and
efficiency and environmental footprint of operations. Our
workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
Looking for a Safety first minded team player with responsibilities
include servicing, troubleshooting, repairing and/or commissioning
rig control systems, drilling performance related products, such as
Z-TQ, REVit, ROCKit, and other SMART drilling related tools,
integrated rig equipment on drilling rigs, Variable frequency
drives, inverters, rectifiers, top drive electrical and
communications, wrench and catwalk electrical, hydraulic and
computer related controls, draw works, rig electrical, various
motors, steam heaters, communications, DLR networking, fiber,
Converteam drives, ACS800ABB, transformers, generator controls,
Engine ECM. Code related upgrades, BOP controls, accumulator
functions, gas detection systems, hydraulic control units, CAT ET
software, E3 modules, contactor controls, encoder circuitry, and
completing planned preventive maintenance and unplanned repairs of
equipment and other rig integrated equipment in the assigned
geographic region. Ability to read and interpret electrical,
hydraulic, and ladder logic style schematics. Possess computer
skills to use a variety software programs and are familiar with
various test equipment and meters. This includes O-Scope, ground
fault meters, meggers, multimeters, fiber testers, amp clamps and
meters. Possess and understanding of electrically circuits and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshooting rig control systems.
- Commissioning rig control systems.
- Troubleshoot simple electrical issues on rig control
- Extensive travel to customer locations (land and
- Providing 24 hour on-call technical support while on
- Customer relations and field sales of CANRIG products and
- Maintain company issued tools and be knowledgeable and skillful
in the use of these tools.
- Compliance with safety standards, regulations, reporting and
- Complete required paperwork, documentation and billing
accurately and timely.
- Utilization of time management.
- Compliance with IRCS Competence Assessment Management System
requirements and required entry level training.
MInimum qualifications / SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1 year
experience in the drilling industry.
Must be computer literate, have ability to analyze and report to
management, and able to multi-task.
Fluent in English. Ability to read and write, comprehend complex
instructions, write short correspondence,
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of using Microsoft word and exel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
- Advanced training in Microsoft Office
- Associates Degree or advanced training
- Basic knowledge of Oil & Gas industry
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops
alternative solutions, works well in a problem-solving situation,
uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informative; edits
work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedbacks; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and
group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments;
inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically;
upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports
organization's goals and values; benefits organization through
outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process;
makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; plans for
additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for
own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve
performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports
potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments;
commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
physical requirements / working conditions
- Walking or standing for long periods of time
- Bending or stooping
- Climbing stairs and/or ladders
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Use of hand tools
- Operating a truck in inclement weather not limited to rain or
- Working at heights as considered above 20 feet from either a
boatswain chair, ladder, or other means of retention
- Working in inclement weather for extended periods of
Keywords: Nabors, Casper , Field Electrician Technician-Wyoming, Professions , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!