Application Analyst-Information Services
Company: Wyoming Medical Center
Posted on: July 11, 2019
The Information Services Department is dedicated to making
information quickly and easily available to facilitate health care
providers in giving the highest quality care. As a part of the
Information Services team, the Application Analyst supports three
or more assigned software systems or applications. The Application
Analyst will be assigned to, and expected to maintain and apply
his/her knowledge of, the following software applications or
systems: Cerner Electronic Medical Record, Meditech Electronic
Medical Record, Allscripts Electronic Medical Record
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards,
and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the
individual's own position, actions, and conduct.
- Monitors effectiveness of the assigned systems and/or
- Changes and enhances assigned systems including coordination
improvements and system upgrades.
- Aids in the support of all systems where knowledge base may be
utilized, as requested or needed.
- Assists in research, design, development, and implementation of
new information systems as requested.
- Builds reports and/or assists users to create custom reports in
- Shares knowledge of assigned applications with users and with
IS department personnel.
- Serves as liaison and resource person for assigned systems
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems related to assigned
applications, and provides customer support.
- Conducts and attends regular meetings with project
coordinators, IS staff, or staff of other WMC disciplines involved
in system projects.
- Coordinates successful project completion in a timely
- Maintains the training and test systems in assigned
- Coordinates interface communications between various IS staff
and vendors during assigned project implementation.
- Complies with and assists in Continuous Quality Improvement
- Maintains integrity of assigned systems and/or applications by
reviewing reports and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains an appropriate level of technical competence in the
assigned applications. Shares knowledge of applications with
- Learns and remains knowledgeable about the operational
procedures of assigned departments.
- Contributes to special projects as assigned, and attends and/or
leads project meetings.
- Represents WMC at local, regional, and national meetings as
- Participates in house-wide committees and committee projects as
- Serves as primary contact for vendors during implementation and
ongoing operations of assigned applications and/or systems.
- Suggests improvements in applications and/or systems to
- Resolves issues that are assigned by the IT Help Desk.
- Takes IT on-call duties for systems in use at WMC as scheduled
or requested. This call includes nights, weekends, holidays, and
during implementation and upgrades.
- The employee shall participate in no less than 80% of
department specific education. Mastery of the subject matter of
each session will be evaluated by written testing. A passing score
- Employee will participate in the production of department
specific education modules using a predefined template and
presenting on a rotating schedule.
- Creates or acquires reports for systems and/or applications
supported as requested.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- The employee is required to pursue, achieve, and/or maintain a
vendor specific certification relevant to the products supported,
(e.g. Cerner Millennium, CorePoint, Star, etc.) within 24
- A Bachelor\u0027s degree, or a High School diploma (or GED
certificate) combined with specialized additional training and/or
at least three years of increasingly responsible experience that is
directly applicable to this position
- Experience with Allscripts
- Experience with Meditech
- Experience with Cerner
- Experience with or knowledge of Computerized Physician Order
- Experience in project management or project
- Experience in a health care environment.
- Experience with clinical software systems.
Keywords: Wyoming Medical Center, Casper , Application Analyst-Information Services, Professions , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!