Parts Counter Sales II
Company: Polar Service Centers
Posted on: September 18, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:To provide internal and external customers with
information on aftermarket parts and service in a timely, helpful
and friendly manner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Product and Sales Knowledge
- Accurately and efficiently identify products and cores by part
- Access information regarding each of our products, including
price sheets and catalogs.
- Understand our industry and provide customers with product
matches, as necessary
- Learns and demonstrates professional selling
- Grow business relationships with customers and understand who
the key contacts are.
- Act as a professional company representative
- Answer incoming calls timely and in a positive, friendly and
- Clarify and align customer expectations and due date
- Ensure promises to customers are met or revised and
- Settle warranty and other disputes promptly and to the
satisfaction of both the company and the customer.
- Provide facility tours, as requested
- Understands how to access, enter and manipulate data in the
computer to service the customer efficiently.
- Maintain clean, neat and safe counter area and waiting
- Manage display area to reflect current marketing plans
- Has awareness of the competition and understands pricing and
- Provide assistance to sales representatives to assist with the
reputation and growth of our company
- Maintains display literature.
Reporting and Paperwork:
- Obtain tax certificates as needed.
- Perform daily cycle counts and correct / update inventory
levels as needed
- Oversee consignment inventories at customer locations and
perform periodic cycle counts and correct / update
- Maintain inventory levels and place stock orders as
- Research and locate parts for Service Department
- Support Service Department daily needs for parts / deliveries
- Records "lost opportunity" sales as appropriate
- Promptly and accurately complete all paperwork, including
- Support year-end tax return preparation by external tax
- Knowledge of multi state sales tax reporting and
- Follow credit and collection policies and credit override
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend simple
- Experience prioritizing multiple customer requests and meet
- Knowledge of how to analyze the situation and apply problem
- Demonstrated urgency, initiative and customer service
- Internal and external customer service experience with a focus
on maintaining positive and effective relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to adapt and change priorities as needed
- Prioritize deliveries / parts pick up based on urgency of the
shop / customer
- Oversee day to day operations of department and work closely
with Branch Manager to achieve sales goals and meet needs of the
Service Department (Counter Sales II)
- Schedule deliveries for parts sales / setting up efficient
routes to include picking up parts for shop as needed (Counter
- Maintain inventory levels to support shop and outside sales and
work with Central Purchasing to achieve inventory level goals
(Counter Sales II)
- Shipping and receiving duties for inbound / outbound
- Associates, or higher, Degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful sales.
The performance of this position will require exposure to the
manufacturing areas were all areas require the use of personal
protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection,
steel toe shops and other mandatory safety equipment.
For the most part, ambient temperatures with typical plant lighting
and manufacturing equipment are present throughout the
Sit or Stand as needed
Walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods
throughout the day
Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist or lifting as
required to reach documents or store materials throughout the
Proper lifting techniques required
SAFETY AND POLICY PRACTICES:
Each employee must be knowledgeable of standard safety policies and
procedures and adhere to the same while supporting the goals and
objectives of the organization and recognizing the Company's need
to achieve its business objectives. Each employee is responsible
for complying with company hazardous waste disposal procedures.
All terms and conditions of employment will be administered without
regard to an individual's sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
race, color, religious creed, notional origin, physical or mental
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Polar Service Centers, Casper , Parts Counter Sales II, Sales , Casper, Wyoming
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!